Headlines – Biggest week of creation since September 2018
- Strong activity in 21A and 34 see record high weekly creation for 2019
- 140k certificates were created, almost double the required weekly target of 76k certificates
- There was still a small increase of $0.15 in spot price to $20.85
- June 30 deadline for creating certificates from 2018 work fast approaching
- The VEEC price increased $0.15 for the week to $20.85 from last week’s price of $20.70
- The 2019 target is 6.3M with currently 6,602,783 already Registered or Created.
- Meaning the 2019 target has been achieved and is in surplus 302k certificates.
- The 2020 target is 6,500,000.
- This means in total, the scheme needs to be create 6,197,217 VEECs between today and the end of 2020. (82 creation weeks)
- To achieve the 2020 target we need to average 76k certificates per week.
- Average creation for 2019 to this point has been 79k VEECs/week.
- Current 3-week average is 124k VEECs/week.
- Targets for 2021, 2022 & 2023 are being discussed at the moment and will be published soon.
- Below are last week’s results in detail.
In the week ending 9th June 2019, VEEC creation was as follows:
- 140,160 up 47% compared to the previous week’s creation of 95,616.
- The average for the last 3 weeks is now 124,657.
- Commercial Lighting contributed 66,848 (48%) compared to 33,064 (34%) the previous week.
- Updated 21A contributed 49,088 VEECs (35%) created compared to 42,824 VEECs (45%) the week before.
- The VEEC spot price was $20.85 COB Friday, up $0.15 from the previous Friday.
The graph below shows the overall trend of total VEECs created each week.
The graph below shows creation against targets. The right hand axis is for the cumulative creation and cumulative target, and the left hand axis the weekly creation. Please note, this is creation – not all VEECs created are registered.
To give you a visual breakdown of Activities for the week, please see below.