Headlines – 21A last week’s highest performing activity
- 21A created more certificates than 34 last week, having a record creation of 52,000 certificates.
- 34 was down 31,000 certificates on previous weeks creation.
- Total creation was also down from previous week, despite strong creation in 21A.
- The VEEC price rose to $22.50 from $22.00 on the back of one 25k trade late on Friday afternoon.
- The 2019 target is 6.3M with currently 6,232,927 already Registered or Created.
- Meaning the 2019 target requires only 67, 073 more VEECs to be created between now and the end of the year to satisfy this target.
- At current creation rates this will be reached next week.
- The 2020 target is 6,500,000.
- This means in total, the scheme needs to be create 6,567,073 VEECs between today and the end of 2020. (84 creation weeks)
- Average creation for 2019 to this point has been 72k VEECs/week.
- Current 3-week average is 118k VEECs/week.
- Targets for 2021, 2022 & 2023 are being discussed at the moment and will be published soon.
- Below are last week’s results in detail.
In the week ending 19th May 2019, VEEC creation was as follows:
- 136,213 up 35% compared to the previous week’s creation of 136,213.
- The average for the last 3 weeks is now 88,993
- Commercial Lighting contributed 75,752 (55%) compared to 75,752 (55%) the previous week
- Updated 21A contributed 44,406 VEECs (32%) created compared to 44,406 VEECs (32%) the week before.
- The VEEC spot price was $22.50 COB Friday, Up $0.50 from the previous Friday
The graph below shows the overall trend of total VEECs created each week.
The graph below shows creation against targets. The right hand axis is for the cumulative creation and cumulative target, and the left hand axis the weekly creation. Please note, this is creation – not all VEECs created are registered.
To give you a visual breakdown of Activities for the week, please see below.